Operational Excellence for Continuous Improvement
Ras Laffan Olefins Company Ltd (RLOC) is a Qatari company with a world-class 1.3 million MTA ethylene cracker unit. Ethylene produced by RLOC is transported from Ras Laffan to Q-Chem II and Qatofin derivatives units in Mesaieed. As a major participant in Qatar's petrochemical industry we strive to conduct our daily business in a secure, safe, injury-free, and environmentally responsible manner.
We are committed to:
• Ensure that our operations and business activities comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Optimizing resources we consume while minimizing emissions and waste.
• Limiting risk related to our products throughout their lifecycle, and
• Reducing risks in our operations to safeguard our employees, contractors, and the communities where we operate and engage in business activities.
We will openly communicate our results and welcome the input of our employees and contractors, regulatory agencies, our communities, our customers, and other interested stakeholders.
We accomplish these goals by integrating safety, security, health, environmental, reliability and quality into our management processes using our Operational Excellence (OE) management system to:
• Set goals for continuous improvement.
• Provide alignment of activities and resources.
• Assess and manage risks, and
• Audit performance against operational objectives and compliance requirements.
RLOC will apply management of chemical products stewardship by integrating safety, security, health, environmental (SSHE) management, product stewardship, quality, and customer satisfaction. RLOC is committed to continuously improve and report its performance.
RLOC has previously been recognized both locally and internationally for its achievements as highlighted below:
• GCC Environmental Award in 2006.
• CPChem President's Safety Award in 2006, 2008.
• Qatarization Award for "Training and Development" in 2009.
• CPChem President's Environmental Harmony Award in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
• Qatar Oil and Gas Industry Safety Performance and Innovation Silver Award 2010.
• Qatarization Crystal Award 2013.
• Operational Excellence Award 2013.
• CPChem President OE Award in 2015.
• CPChem President OE Award in 2016.